Drug and alcohol addiction programs run the gamut from simple, outpatient programs to full-blown residential treatments. There are so many options that it is difficult to choose which are right for a given situation. Private Rehab Helper is here to help steer you in the right direction. We want make sure that each person in need of treatment gets only those therapies that are appropriate.
Most of the private clinics we work with offer a full range of therapies that can be custom tailored to the individual client. Some of the different types of therapies include:
- Detox – Detox is a process, usually lasting about a week, wherein the drug addict is isolated and prevented from having access to his/her drugs. Detox includes a few days of withdrawal, a few days of recovery, and then a period of maintenance and aftercare.
- Rehab – Rehab is not technically a therapy; rather, it is a philosophy. Rehab is the philosophy of using various therapies to get at the deeper emotional and mental issues related to drug and alcohol abuse. It seeks to address those issues in order to teach the addict how to cope outside the realm of drugs or alcohol.
- Counselling – Both individual and group counselling are vital tools within the full compendium of drug addiction therapies. Individual counselling pairs the addict with a professional who is able to deal with those deep-rooted issues, while group counselling provides both encouragement and a listening ear in a supportive environment.
- Group Activities – Many private rehab clinics offer group activities as part of residential treatment. These group activities teach the addict that it is possible to enjoy life without using drugs or alcohol. They are also means of showing the drug addict what he or she has been missing. Group activities are powerful motivators.
- Skills Training – Skills training involves teaching the addict successful strategies for combating future temptation. Why is this necessary? Because once the addict is clean, his/her journey is not over. They will continue dealing with temptations in both the short and long-term.
- Interdictive Medications – There are times when attempting detox and rehab cold turkey is either physically dangerous or counterproductive to the overall goal. In these cases, a clinic will use certain medications designed to help gradually wean the addict from his or her addiction. When appropriate, they can be prescribed for continued use in the weeks and months following successful treatment.
- Family Counselling – One of the most important therapies of all is that of family counselling. Regardless of the program chosen, the former addict will eventually have to return home and resume a normal life. Family members need to know what to do when that time comes.
Private versus NHS Services
Drug users can avail themselves of the various therapies through programs offered by the NHS or private clinics like the ones we work with. If a free service from the NHS is your only option, we certainly recommend it as better than nothing. However, if private care is feasible for you, we believe it is the better option.
The therapies offered by private clinics tend to achieve greater success than NHS services. The fact is that the NHS is not equipped to handle the myriad of issues that go along with drug addiction treatment. Our centres are. They are the best at what they do because drug treatment is all they do.
Please get in touch with Private Rehab Helper if you or your loved one is suffering from addiction. We will help you figure out what programs and therapies are best for your circumstances.
0808 163 9516 or 0203 993 0481
Request Call Back